Does your baby throw a tantrum every bath time?... Read More
Does your baby throw a tantrum every bath time? Would you prefer if they did something constructive as they take a leisurely shower at your expense? Perhaps its time to introduce a bath toy, mum’s bath wars saviour.
A quick tip: pick a bath time when the baby isn’t hungry or tired to avoid unnecessary tantrums.
A bath toy is a great way to distract a fussy infant. They come in appealing and bright colours; just the way baby likes them. They can do incredible tricks like a float on water, and some can even squirt water.
Bath toys aren’t for fun only. Careful choice of a bath toy can help the baby learn a thing or two about their bodies and water. Try bath toys like stackable cups and floating toys to enhance their learning experience.
Advantages of bath toys
Bath toys can save you a lot of hassle if appropriately used. They come in shapes and colours that are highly distracting to babies. The main advantages include:
- Buying your time to wash the baby in peace as they are distracted
- Improving their hand-eye coordination as they touch the toys
- Getting to learn about the properties of water
- Offering a different experience to conventional toys
- Introducing infants to academic concepts like empty/full, volume, sinking, and floating
An example of a bath toy is the Akuku set of four bath toys. It is an excellent choice for a bath toy because the four toys are bright, are in the shape of animals, can float, and can squirt water. They are also BPA and round-shaped, so you need not worry about your baby’s safety.