Nothing cements the mum-baby connection like breastfeeding. In this... Read More
Nothing cements the mum-baby connection like breastfeeding. In this unique setting, the teat is king! You don’t want to muck around with something that intimate so grab yourself a nursing teat that most closely resembles the mum’s teat.
Use it properly and the rewards for bottle feeding are immense. Poor use results in breast refusal or sore nipples. To that end, experts recommend you only introduce bottle feeding after 6 weeks to reduce the chances of nipple confusion. And that’s not even the tricky part.
Turns out babies have their preferences. Some may accept any bottle and teat. Others will only accept one type of bottle or teat. In rare cases, some infants will reject any kind of bottle or teat.
If you go the bottle-feeding way, by doctors’ orders or personal choice, the Avent teat is an excellent choice. They contain anti-colic valves to reduce the chances of discomfort from the air in the baby’s stomach. The valve sends the air to the back of the feeding bottle, away from baby’s mouth. It comes in three variations namely:
Team Dr Brown’s always come out guns blazing and their teat game is no different. They have a wide range of premium quality, anti-oxidation nursing teats such as:
- Preemie Flow wide and narrow neck teats designed for premature babies 0m+
- Level 1 wide and narrow neck teats are for newborn babies 0m+
- Level 2 wide and narrow neck teats are for infants from 3m+
- Level 3 wide and narrow neck teats - heavier flow for infants 6m+
- Level 4 is designed for heavy flow for infants 9m+
- Y-Cut flow for infants while introducing thicker liquids 9m+
From Tommee Tippee teats camp, we find a capable range in the form of:
They all provide venting valves, easy latch, and are BPA-free teats.