Let’s get to the really fun stuff: toilet training.... Read More
Let’s get to the really fun stuff: toilet training. I know, its one of the most tedious, time-consuming, and thankless jobs you will ever have to undertake. However, it is one of life’s essentials and once learned, it stays with them for the rest of their life.
Experts recommend you start early on before they learn how to crawl or walk. Sitting on the potty is a little boring for an infant as they are averse to staying still. You want to start toilet training as soon as they learn to sit upright on their own without falling over.
Advantages of toilet training
- The infant gets to be independent early in life
- Potty-trained infants don’t suffer from nappy rash
- The earlier you get your child potty-trained, the earlier you strike diaper bills off your budget
- The more flexible your choice of preschools because of some charge extra fees for toilet training.
Difficulties faced during training
- Baby’s can’t control their bladders so they will go even when they don’t know it.
- It will be messy. By the time you grab the baby and get them to sit on the potty, expect a few accidents along the way. Embrace it.
- Its time consuming because you have to pay attention to catch them in the act and take them to their potty every time they are having a wee or poop.
A training urinal targets the little boy. It has the shape of adult men’s urinal, and it gives the boy the experience of using a standard urinal. Get one you can adjust its height to counter the growing rate of the boy.