Learning how to drink on their own is an important step in children's development. Basing on doctors opinions, Philips Avent created the most ergonomic and development-friendly straw cup. With its soft and elastic straw, small size and weight, the Avent straw cup is thought to be the best one for allowing the proper oral cavity functioning (90% of interviewed dentists) and for strengthening it oral cavity muscles (89% of them).
- in-built ergonomic handles - allow the child to hold the cup on their own
- a flexible straw - allowing for easy access to the liquid and ensuring that your baby drinks in a safe, natural position of their body
- the straw is equipped with an anti-leaking system, even if your child moves no liquid will be spilt
- the straw part can be easily assembled and disassembled
- all elements of the cup can be washed in a dishwasher
- made in cooperation with speech pathologists, dentists, ergonomy specialists and midwives
- 90% of dentists consider this cup as allowing for the proper oral cavity development and 89% thinks it allows for oral cavity muscles training and strengthening (the survey conducted in the USA in April 2016)
- 200ml capacity
- 9 months +
- compatible with all Philips Avent bottles and cups (except for glass bottles and cups for autonomous drinking)
Learning to drink independently is a key stage in your child's development. We support this process by allowing you to easily switch from breastfeeding or bottle feeding to an open cup. Learning from doctors, we offer various solutions with teats, soft and hard mouthpieces, straws and 360 ° edges that follow your child's development and stimulate newly acquired drinking skills and motor skills. Our highest quality solutions are created with comfort and hygiene in mind.